Social Media Policies
We encourage public interaction and communication about the content we post on our social media accounts. However, this does not imply that COVD agrees with or accepts the content, opinions, or views expressed within any public comment. The person who posts a comment is solely responsible for the content of the comment.
While we do not discriminate against views or opinions posted to our social networking accounts, we reserve the right to remove or not approve any comment. A comment will not be edited or modified to remove unacceptable content; the entire comment will simply be deleted. All comments submitted via WordPress will be reviewed before posting. Some of the reasons we may remove or not approve a comment are listed below:
- Abusive, vulgar, obscene, racist, threatening, or harassing comments.
- Libel, slander, or personal attacks of any kind, including the use of offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- Content that promotes or discusses products, fees, or services or contains gratuitous links.
- Duplicate posts.
- Clearly off topic.
- Political campaigning or lobbying.
- Comments that are asking for clinical diagnoses or treatment.
COVD is an international organization dedicated to the mission of improving lives by advancing excellence in optometric vision therapy through education and board certification. COVD encourages the expression of ideas that reflect the diversity of our members. Please understand that the individual viewpoints expressed on this blog do not necessarily reflect the opinions of COVD.